You can create an email filter that sorts and redirects incoming spam. This is useful if, for example, your hosting provider has not included Apache SpamAssassin™ in your cPanel account.
Create a spam email filter
To create a spam filter, perform the following steps:
- Navigate to cPanel’s Apache SpamAssassin interface (Home >> Mail >> Apache SpamAssassin).
- Check whether Apache SpamAssassin is enabled. If it is not, click Enable Apache SpamAssassin.
- Navigate to cPanel’s Account Level Filtering interface (Home >> Mail >> Account Level Filtering).
- Click Create a New Filter.
- Enter the name of your filter in the Filter Name text box.
- Select Spam Bar from the first menu in the Rules section.
- Select contains from the second menu in the Rules section.
- Enter the spam score in the text box. Represent the desired spam score with plus (
- Select Deliver to folder from the menu in the Actions section.
- Enter the name of the folder to which you wish to send your spam email.
- Click Browse to see a list of your folders.
- Click Create to create, save, and activate the spam filter.